J. Michael McGuire
Nine Attorneys from Firm Listed in Best Lawyers in America©
J. Michael McGuire, a partner at Shawe Rosenthal LLP, has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America© as the 2018 Labor Law - Management and the 2018 Litigation - Labor and Employment “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore.
In addition, nine attorneys from Shawe Rosenthal LLP were listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018.
Included in three categories – Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment – were:
- Bruce S. Harrison, who handles complex class action litigation and defends employers in high-risk discrimination claims;
- Eric Hemmendinger, who represents management in employment law litigation, including class actions and jury trials, and in traditional labor law;
- J. Michael McGuire, who represents management before the NLRB, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and arbitrating labor and employment disputes;
- Co-Managing Partner Stephen D. Shawe, who represents clients in labor and employment matters with a concentration in the retail and manufacturing industries;
- Co-Managing Partner Gary L. Simpler, who is well-known for his experience working with employers in the healthcare and manufacturing sectors.
In addition, Elizabeth Torphy-Donzella – who defends employers in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, contracts, and torts, and provides human resources counseling – was listed for two categories: Employment Law – Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment.
Three other Shawe Rosenthal attorneys were listed in one category each:
- Darryl G. McCallum (listed for Litigation – Labor and Employment), who concentrates in employment law matters, including the defense of race, sex, and other discrimination suits;
- Mark J. Swerdlin (listed for the first year in Employment Law – Management), who has extensive experience defending employers in discrimination claims and representing management in labor matters; and
- Teresa D. Teare (listed for the first year in Litigation – Labor and Employment), who represents employers and management in labor and employment-related litigation.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers in America© has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers in America© lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote. Best Lawyers in America© has received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world.
For the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers in America© is considered to be a singular honor. Corporate Counselmagazine has called Best Lawyers in America© “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
For more information, visit www.bestlawyers.com or www.shawe.com.
About Shawe Rosenthal LLP (http://www.shawe.com/)
Shawe Rosenthal LLP has a national reputation as management’s workplace lawyers. Celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, Shawe Rosenthal represents and advises management in employment and labor law matters. The firm’s clients range from Fortune 100 companies to smaller businesses and non-profits in a wide range of industries. Its practice includes both litigation and preventive measures. Shawe Rosenthal’s tenacious, results-oriented approach produces results in the courtroom, respect in agency proceedings, and sound, proactive guidance in workplace policy.